Desktop to 3D game color - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Desktop to 3D game color

Hello!
Recently my monitor has taken a turn for the worst I believe. The color went to crap pretty much. I'm currently useing the "Adobe Gamma" application that came with Photoshop and that works well and all for my desktop color. looks great. but.. when I start up a full screen game the color reverts back to crap. i can alt + tab to an internet site and the color jumps back to the nice color i set it to. alt + back to the game and crap color again. So it seems that this Adobe Gamma program doesnt apply my new changes to 3d/Fullscreen.
Can someone enlighten my on a program that does this? Or is there something else i can do in windows? Thanks!

Um..
Windows XP Pro
ATI 9600 Pro (Catalyst)
1.35gh 768mb ram

Old 04-16-2006, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

you sure its not your VC?

Old 04-16-2006, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hmm I'm not entirely sure. Is there anyway to check other than poping in a new Vidcard or lugging another monitor over? Guess I'll check in a few.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Install the latest drivers for your video card.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMajor
Install the latest drivers for your video card.
*sigh* I figure you get alot of computer noobs here but im not one of them. just not super knowledgeable about certain things. yes i have the latest vid drivers, lastest directx, and windows updates too. its hardware im pretty sure too. i've reformatted this computer maybe twice since it first happened a few months ago and nothing has changed it back.
im looking for a program to overwrite my desktop and fullscreen color/gamma w/e. or a similar fix
Old 04-16-2006, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Quote:
Originally posted by ubermonkey
*sigh* I figure you get alot of computer noobs here but im not one of them. just not super knowledgeable about certain things. yes i have the latest vid drivers, lastest directx, and windows updates too. its hardware im pretty sure too. i've reformatted this computer maybe twice since it first happened a few months ago and nothing has changed it back.
im looking for a program to overwrite my desktop and fullscreen color/gamma w/e. or a similar fix
Sorry, lol
Old 04-18-2006, 03:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

?

Closed Thread