DEP blocking MS Office down load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix44

Baseband Member
I have tried a few methods that I googled, but so far no luck.
Any ideas?

One thing I don't get is why XP Pro would block something from MS????

The only reason that XP would block anything from MS is if you are infected.

If you go to windows update or windows.com and you are redirected you have an infection.

The only reason that XP would block anything from MS is if you are infected.

If you go to windows update or windows.com and you are redirected you have an infection.

Hey Lex,

Don't have a virus. No problems getting windows updates, no problem getting to windows.com.

I have seen DEP blocking downloads before, but very rarely.

Any other Ideas?

Have you checked your DEP? Have you gone into the Options of IE and verified the settings of your DEP to make sure they are set to either on or off?

Where are you downloading Office from? The Office website? If so they are not just using a download, they have a download manager that is being used and that is what is being blocked, not the Office download itself. Turn off DEP and try again.

I think that this is a policy problem. Your department may not want people downloading from Microsoft because that causes pressure to upgrade to newer versions of software before your department is ready. My suggestion is to ask some questions and see if you are blocked as a matter of policy.

I believe this is for his Home PC not a work PC. So there wouldnt be a policy blocking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom