Dell XPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

makitaman60

Baseband Member
Dell XPS is slow to respond to keyboard fuctions,did a few searches and found to turn off PMCSevice.Tried it didn't help.Something is running in the background that I don't need and it's killiing my kb response.I'm running Vista,but will change to anything if it will fix this problem.I type for ten minutes and look and halfmy letters are missing.Will try anything,I'm no computer geek but can find my way around with some directions.I'm tempted to snacth out the hard drive install a new one with win 7.Many thank's ahead of time orany help that I can use,my abien is about to kick in so I'll check back tomorrow.

Thank's Again~:big_smile:

press ctrl+shift+esc and go to the performance tab. if your page file usage fluctuates a lot or your processor usage spikes repeatedly, that could help determine where your issue is. you could also run memtest and your manufacturer's hard drive test to see if you have hardware failure. both of those are freely available for download, you can use google to find them. if you have trouble, let us know here.

Basically yes. But you should run CF, the MBAM and then HJT. Any which way really just to make sure the system is clean and post the logs to get it verified.

I guess all these programs are free downloads?
In task manager cpu usage jumps from maybe 7% to 100% spkes.
Memory shows 1.10GB.
Under physical memory:
Total-----------3069
cached--------1910
free------------301
Kernel memory:
total-------194
paged----114
nonpaged---80
System:
Handles-----20400 to 20677
threads--800 to 900
processes----76

Have no idea what all this means,but I do have spikes that continue to peak.Please help,before I buy a new Laptop.Hope I didn't leave any letters or numbers out,have to continue back space and re-enter due to no kyboard response,notice the letter E missing in Keyboard? It's not a type O:cry:

Yes those programs are free to download. The info you posted doesnt tell us anything about what is running. It just tells us how much. You need to check under the Processes tab in order for us to know what is eating up the CPU.

OK,I have done something in the process of trying to run some of the clean ups you mentioned.The spikes are gone,I was able to go into start-up and identified Spy-Emergency which was running in the background.I'm not out of the woods yet.I need to remove SE or at least disable some of it to run combofix it tells me te scanner is running.Well I can't find SE,checked hidden files and the only info was 2 read me files no program file anywhere.I had noticed on start up the SE would pop up before boot-up was complete.I would like to remove SE completly so I continue on with my scan you recommended.Let me know what info you may need and I'll see what I can do. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom