Dell Wont Boot After Re-Install...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dykzeulb

In Runtime
I followed this guide while reformatting my moms pc

Dell - Support

from the dell website

NOW....after we got midway before the actual windows setup, it sits at the dell bootscreen, and sits...and sits, does nothing more. Anyone know what would cause this and how to fix it?

Are you using a Dell resource CD to do this installation or a retail/OEM copy of the CD?

The link you have give you general guidelines on system restors, system repairs, and complete reformatting. What did you try to do?

Another Dellmare to report. Why were you reinstalling which version of Windows there? would be one question.

If you were having a number of problems in Windows prior to deciding to reformat it may have been due to a hardware problem like memory faults or a drive about to give out on you there. If the system is new enough and sees the PC Restore option that will see the system brought back to factory using the recovery information already on the drive. Dell - Support

I hear more complaints and even get emails asking for help when people can't find drivers or any support information at the Dell support site. Probably the one thing they have going for them is a choice of OS when buying through them directly. :rolleyes:

I have had no issues with my Dell....

But Eye is right. We at least need to know what OS and if you formatted and what type of format.

you should have hit ctrl and f11 upon boot and it would have restore the computer to it's factory left condition

The series and model number would also help. If it's not one of the newer XPS or other series models and about 3-4yrs. old it will likely lack the built in automatic recovery option. That will require the use of recovery disks.

The series and model number would also help. If it's not one of the newer XPS or other series models and about 3-4yrs. old it will likely lack the built in automatic recovery option. That will require the use of recovery disks.

what are you talking about?

the 3-4 years one did it too. the 6-7 years might not have, but dell put that option in all of their computers for the past 5 years or so. most people didn't know how to get to it. the big clue is when you have another partition on the computer that you couldn't access. dell almost never give restore cds. they usually give you all of the regular cds so you can do a fresh install then add the rest of the stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom