Dell software package

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i have a complete software package for dell dimension but have no idea what model it came from.
what happend is my roommate got his computer stolen out of a storage and all was left is the software and keyboard
so he gave it to me and id sell it but donno what pc it goes to is there anyway to find out?
Windows XP home edition SP2 P/N H8527
Dell E773c color monitor user doc,drivers
dell dimension resource cd
dell tools system software
cyberlink powerdvd software
sonic recordnow 7.1 LE software
V.9X(capable)/56k data/fax modem software
wordperfect productivity pack

all cds are still sealed in the paper cases

anyone have similar pc and can help me out?

That is just the basic package that comes with most Dell PC's. I even got it with mine and i know a few tohers that got it with thiers and they dont have the same type of Dell as me.

So basically it is a basic software package from Dell.

That has got to be the worst statement i have heard today.

I have run my Dell for over 3 years now with absolutely no problem. I have upgraded almost everything except the CPU/mobo. that includes the PSU which people say is impossible but it was just like a regular switch. No propritary stuff like everyone complains about.

Maybe people should start looking toward the users and not the machines. The Machines only do what they are told by the users.

Makaveli213 other than your dell, how many have you dealt with? I bought a dell laptop 6 years ago and the thing almost immediately started having problems, keyboard going out, monitor pixels going out. I have worked with many dell desktops and laptops since then. They use cheap parts, their customer support sucks ***. as far as your dell working with non proprietary parts, well you must have gotten one of the few models that some case mods are not required.

I have worked now with over 100 Dell PC's and while yes their Support sucks the PC is good.

Start with a fresh install. That is always the best thing to do with any pre-made system.

I do all the support for several companies and they deal a lot with Dell PC's since they are easy to afford. While they dont always use the best parts they are decent PC's.

I have fixed a Dell PC over 5 years ago that is still working to this day. So as i said it isnt the PC it is more user error on things going wrong.

Dead Pixels happens on many monitors not jsut Dell's. I have seen it on Samsung among other leading LCD's. Even on delivery. The keyboard going out could have been due to the cable coming loose on shipping. Also a split in the cable among other things.

I am not saying that it is your fault but a lot of times when i hear about people complaining about Dell PCs it is cause they caused 99% of the problem with some action they took.

A Dell is a Dell. It will do no more than what it was bought for. If you want a customizable machine, Dell ain't for you.

The main problem with Dells are all the crapware they shove into their machines. It usually takes longer to clean it all out than it does to update the Windows on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom