Dell Laptop Password problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shay1265

Beta member
Okay, so what do you do when you buy a laptop from the original owner and then after a fight with your "ex" who has changed the password on your laptop, you can't get back in? I really need the stuff on this laptop; it has a database of customers I need so I really am trying to avoid uploading windows again or the dell upload disk....

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks!

:D

Is it Windows asking for the password or does it ask for a password before Windows loads?

Try accessing admins account. Usually factory preset password is blank. Once there you can remove the other password

Get Knoppix. Its a linux distro that runs completely from a CD. Load it on your pc. It will load(mount) the hard drives and you can see all files on each partition. YOu will not need any passwords.

YOu can get Knoppix from http://www.linuxiso.org/. Download and Burn the ISO image to a cd.

Knoppix is not hard to use. It has a very clean user interface and you can FTP all your necessary files to a another server, reinstall windows, and FTP back into windows.

Its a very useful tool for techies and hackers alike :) I still dont know why this OS is not illegal. The only way i know how to protect yourself form Knoppix is to password protect BIOS.

If you need more help, i can post a more detailed guide.

Password...

It's Windows 2000, it's asking for the password right at the beginning, a Dell password. Never even gets to the loading of Windows.

Try accessing admins account. Usually factory preset password is blank. Once there you can remove the other password.

Can you talk me through that like I'm retarded??:D How do you load the Knoppix when you can't get the computer to come up??

Thanks for the help, everyone. I really need to get this laptop up and running!

S.

If a password request screen comes right up after you press the power button, then the BIOS is password protected. Knoppix can't help in that situation.

THe only solution I know of is to get back with your ex, get the password and then dump her a$$.

But seriously, If the information is very important you might have to contact a lawyer :umm:. I knew a couple a while back that had to go to court over a laptop.

" Try accessing admins account. Usually factory preset password is blank. Once there you can remove the other password"
WTF?! Other password?

Best thing to do is call Dell and give them the service tag and you'll be able to get a password to remove the BIOS password.

shay1265 said:
Okay, so what do you do when you buy a laptop from the original owner and then after a fight with your "ex" who has changed the password on your laptop, you can't get back in? I really need the stuff on this laptop; it has a database of customers I need so I really am trying to avoid uploading windows again or the dell upload disk....

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks!

:D

I don't know on the laptop, but a dell desktop has a jumper that you take off for bios password. look for pswd on mobo. then mabe you can change other settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom