Dell Inspiron 1545 Won't Let Me Reformat w/ XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go.

http://support.dell.com/support/top...plash?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~mode=popup&file=275404

Download, unzip and you will have a folder with the 32bit and another for 64bit.
Add the proper files to your nlite disk.

Done. I have XP up and running but there is one problem. I want my system drive letter to be C:/ not F:/... How can I change it? I tried to go to Computer Management and Change Drive Letters and Paths... but to no avail... It is saying it won't let me change the letter of the system drive or something... If I have to reinstall, I will... because I don't have audio until I can change my system drive to C:\

I'm glad to hear you got xp installed! I see all the hoops you had to jump through. But guess what there was a much easier way to do this. In the future all you would have to do is go into the bios and change the sata drive setting. You power up the computer and press F2. Once in the bios you change the sata setting from ACHI to ATA. You close out of the bios but your xp cd in and it will boot up and install. Then you just track down the xp drivers and your done. It took me for ever to do it and then I eventually did this and it worked so know I can dual boot both xp and vista.

That is fine if you dont want to use ACHI. Some people prefer to use ACHI. So using that method would be counter productive to them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom