Dell Hardware with OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the driver disk

what part dont' u guys understand

i am forced to use the Dell OS....which is home edition. I tried installing Non dell OS and it just doesn't let me install the driver. It just doesn't work...i'm asking how do you disable the dell settings.....

There is nothing in the Dell that is preventing you from installing a non-Dell OS. What we need to find out is what exactly is going on here.

When you format you erase everything on the hard drive... including your drivers. Windows will put basic drivers with most things... enough to run, but not at its best. It is always smarter to find the drivers you will need beforehand, download them, and put them on a thumbdrive or a CD.

you keep saying something about "the driver". Which driver? If you are attempting to use the driver disk that came with the laptop, it won't work. You will have to download the correct drivers for the laptop separately from that disk.

i never said driver

i know how to find drivers. Dell computer does not let me install non dell OS...thats all...its not that complicated. It says it is missing component parts

forget it.

i'll stick with dell OS.

I've installed non dell xp on a million dells. stop getting frustrated.
we are right. you are not

now download powermax in my signature. use it to dell your hdd. maybe you got something in your bootsector blocking you from installing regular xp or xp pro. powermax will wipe that out

now install xp

btw everybody. Dell,hp, compaq, ibm and gateway will always have a folder in their C:\dell or C:\drivers, etc that contain every driver that you need. back those up to cd before you reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom