Dell Desktop AIO 946 Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandi

Solid State Member
Does anyone have any experience with the Dell Desktop AIO Printer?

A friend of mine is having problems and there doesn't seem to be a solution on the Dell web site.

I need HELP!

Please! :)

What is the problem? We cant help if we dont know what is wrong.

Okay, I deserved that!

The problem is that it is erratic, undependable unreliable .... you get the idea.

It refuses to scan, while printing works. I followed the set-up directions and downloaded from the web, but no icons for printers was installed on the Programs list. I then uninstalled and used the disk which came with the computer and was able to install the All-in-one Center. But the scan freezes up. I am using Vista on an Inspiron 530 Computer and a 946 Printer. I have gotten the scanner to start, but it freezes
I have downloaded the latest driver that is supposed to be supported in Vista.

This is a common issue with Vista. Many All In One printers done function correctly. I still cant get mine working even after a year of bugging Lexmark.

So basically you are stuck contacting Dell to find out if they will release any updated drivers soon. Let them know what problems you are experiencing and hopefully they will get them fixed with the next driver release.

This is a common issue with Vista. Many All In One printers done function correctly. I still cant get mine working even after a year of bugging Lexmark.

So basically you are stuck contacting Dell to find out if they will release any updated drivers soon. Let them know what problems you are experiencing and hopefully they will get them fixed with the next driver release.
It doesn't seem to be a Vista related problem as people using XP are having the same problems.

I was on the Dell site today and downloaded and installed the latest driver to no avail.

That's why I decided to ask over here because there are a lot or really savvy people that I have hopes can help me solve my problem.

As i stated this is a common issue on Vista. As for those on XP it jsut confirms my driver statement. I have a AIO Lexmark that still doesnt work in Vista but works fine in XP. So for you it is not only a Vista issue but it is also a driver issue.

This is John at Dell headquarters.

Does your printer do nothing when you press the scan button? Does it give an error?

If it does nothing, try the following:

1) Click the Start button, and then click Run.
The Run window appears.

2) Type services.msc, and then click OK.

3) Locate dlci_device in the list of services, right-click the service, and then left-click Start.

4) Locate Print Spooler in the list of services, right-click the service, and then left-click Start.

If that doesn't help, let us know.

John
Dell Customer Advocate

Sweet. Nice to see you John from Dell services. Nice to see some responses from you guys. :D

Now that is customer service. They wont go to you so you come to them. cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom