Dell computer & multiple displays

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. At work, we currently have a Dell Optiplex 7020 that is used as our Visitor management system, connected to an ELO touchscreen monitor and have another Optiplex 780 that just plays a marketing video on another monitor in our lobby. I can hook both monitors up to the Optiplex 7020 PC and do extended screen and that works great. I'm trying to figure out how I can host both applications on the same PC.. The only issue I am having right now is finding some software that would automatically launch the video on the second monitor by itself and have the visitor management software launch automatically on the touch screen monitor by itself. The video is a .ISO files and we are using mplayer as software to display the video. Any suggestions??

In my experience, modern versions of Windows will do that automatically if the program was last used on screen x. E.g. if you close explorer on screen 3, the next time you start it it will start on screen 3. So all you should need to do is set them up on the proper screens and make them run on startup. I hope this is helpful to you :)

Back
Top Bottom