Deleting a partician

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. XP is installed on C: the first partition. It says "boot" on the second partition, wich is kinda weird cause its an extended partition.

There's no way you will get this done without a clean format. As far as I can tell Windows is installed on C: and all programs are installed on D:?

You could get Partition Magic, merge them and use drivemapper to change anything pointing to D: to C:.

Its risky and u could end up with a system that won't boot. (wich is fixable by the way).

I would uninstall some programs installed on D: to free up some space.

Or just back-up all important data, screw around with the partitions and re-install Windows.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Windows is on C: and most programs are installed on D:?

I believe windows is installed on both. I can recieve a list of operating systems when I start the computer but I chose to skip the choosing process

I am under the assumption that everything I use is installed on D:

I just assumed I had to install everything there although I can access drive C: when logged on..

Can I use this to my advantage and just install everything on the C drive? It has a considerable ammout of space compared to the D drive

By the way, where would I find more information on partition magic and drive mapper??

Sound like useful programs..

Thanks for all your help!!

Drivemapper is part of Partition Magic 8. Go to PowerQuest.com for more info. (redirects to Symantec website)

Search google for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom