Deleting a folder with overwritten security settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcschris

Solid State Member
Recently at my job we were setting up a new user on a network. When making her documents folders, we wanted to change the sharing/security settings so that only her and administrators could view her documents on the network, as the documents are stored on the server.

In the process of doing this someone overwrote the permissions on the folder so that no one, including adminstrators, now have access to the documents. I have succeeded in renaming the parent folder to 'delete' so that we can set up a new folder for this user, but this folder is still sitting on the server with no way to delete it.

I have tried deleting it in DOS. Being on a company server, I would like to avoid using freeware. We are using SBS2003.

If you mean going into the advanced security settings on the parent folder and then checking the box that says "replace permission entries on all child objects..." then yes, and I was unable to propagate because the access was denied.

I have tried to avoid this as it is on a company server and I would rather have a folder that no one can access sit on the network than risk permanently damaging any company equipment.

I understand completely.

As it sits (now) what does the ACL list currently look like.

Is there even groups or individuals in the list (as denied) or is the ACL list blank?

This is what I see when I try to access the security settings on the folder in question:

alcqr7.jpg

After I click 'Ok' it brings me to the list, but it is blank. I am unable to add users to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom