Deleting files ...
I have a PC running Windows XP. For the past few years, I've had no problems adding music files (either downloaded legally, or taken from my bought CD's). I have stored these in my Shared Folder under Shared Music so they are accessible by both myself and my girlfriend.
However, I have recently wanted to delete all of these music files and have found that no matter what I try, I cant delete them.
I have tried all of the following with no luck:
1) Clicking delete (and other combinations of deleting the folder/ dragging to bin etc)
2) I have made sure the file properties are not read only
3) I have tried to delete from the dos prompt
4) I have installed both WhoLockMe and Unlocked 1.8.1 - both of which do not delete the files on startup like they suggest they will do.
5) I guessed it must be something else locking the files - so i have even rebooted running from a bootable Linux CD - incase it was something Windows was doing on start - but even this wont allow me to delete the files
The windows error message I get is the usual "Access is denied" window box. but i still get this when i have no other applications open and the file open for read/write access
Anyone got any suggestions?