deleting files

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgray

In Runtime
i have win xp. when i try to delete files they go to the recycle bin but a copy is made of the file everytime i delete. i get copy 2 , then copy 3 right on up to as many times as i delete it. i'm not getting anywhere . whats up?

they're in my documents under a file called my filelib. when i click on it a whole page of files opens up. looks like a bunch of instant message names my kids or their friends might have used. when i point at them with the mouse it says folder empty, but why can't i get rid of them. when i click on one of them the whole page goes blank but they come back when i open the filelib file.

It's pretty late right now, and I'm not sure if this will work (don't know if it'll do whole folders). Download killbox (http://spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/KillBox.zip) and run it, it's pretty self explanatory, and if you can delete whole folders, try this on filelib. I will come back when I get the chance (I work like everyday, plus school), but probably tomorrow. Good luck.

-Steve

i feel like an idiot! i was opening filelib and a page full of folders would appear and i would try and delete each one. when i just deleted filelib, it went and everything in it. thanks,i don't know whats wrong with me, i made it harder than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom