Deleting file in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you would want to put AVG and Ad-Aware in the same catagory as Norton or McAfee by a long shot there. The last two are certain losers!

While Kaspersky is good retail product I've been working with the free editions of AVG for several years now and have favorable reports. With AVG totally disabled from loading any of it's features I've still seen it spring to life to point a trojan or other bug out of the clear blue.

The problem seen during a recent dual boot setup was still seeing the Windows.old folder visible after having deleted that after Vista was reinstalled for a dual boot with XP. When seen later it was a phantom file that couldn't be manually deleted already having been done already.

The download of the video may have seen a similar duplicate creation of the file name only on the drive without substance. This was why the question about a dual boot with a shared recycle bin comes to mind.

Gee? I ran two editions of XP along with Vista and even Mandriva 2006 and was trying to get Solair 10 running when I had 4 drives in that build. XP Pro stayed there however.

Mandriva 2006 didn't quite work this trip with ubuntu 7.10 being considered and most likely not seeing anything with Solaris 10. XP is still needed due to some things still not seen availble for Vista like software/drivers for certain addon devices like tv tuner cards, video capture devices, etc. there.

I personally run 3 OS's. If i crash XP i run Vista. I crash Vista i run Ubuntu. Or i just run what floats my boat that day. It is safer to do this than to just run Vista and have your system crash with no way to work on it.

I know that feeling all too well. In fact I still haven't found a way to get IE 7 let alone IE 6 to open while Outlook Express runs as it always has. It's presently either FireFox 2.0 or boot back into Vista.

So time for a reformat of the XP drive to see a clean install hopefully correct that while looking at 7.10 with Vista at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom