Xp home
MSI 875p neo3 F
pen 4 2.8 GHz
1 Gig memory
2 x Maxtor l01m120 120 gb SATA HDD
All-in-Wonder 9800
HP DVD 420I
Memorex CD/DVD rom

I somehow deleted the raid drivers and now my cd roms will not work. Device manager gives me a code 41 under the cd rom drives.

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Under the SCSI/raid controllers, I get this:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I cannot reinstall win XP without a CD rom drive and cannot install drivers without redoing XP?

Completely at a loss. This is my baby and I can't fix her for the 1st time!
HELP! Please!

Does the tray open?
Check that the CDROM cable is plugged in properly.

This is an article on code 41 at Microsoft.com

==============================================
Code 41
Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Recommended resolution

A driver was loaded but Windows cannot find the device. This error occurs when Windows does not detect a non-Plug and Play device.

If the device was removed, uninstall the driver, install the device, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver. If the hardware was not removed, obtain a new or updated driver for the device.

If the device is a non-Plug and Play device, a newer version of the driver might be needed. To install non-Plug and Play devices, use the Add Hardware wizard. Click Performance and Maintenance on Control Panel, click System, and on the Hardware tab, click Add Hardware Wizard.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.
==============================================

Yes, the trays open. I have a device that I can plug into my usb port and it will operate that device. (hard drives, cd roms, anything tat can be plugged into a ide port.) An old hard drive will show up, but new devices will not. Plug and play is working. The device was not uninstalled. I merely deleted the drivers by accident. The troubleshooting wizard will not work.

Ok, things to try:

1 - Driver roll back
2 - System restore
3 - Download controller driver/install

I did the driver rollback , system restore and tried downloading the drivers. always get an unable to ... Just uninstalled drivers it said I didn't have installed anyway and now that line (scsi/raid controllers) just went away in device manager?

Scan for new hardware to see if windows picks the controller back up.
- If it does and drivers are restored then sweet
- If it does and you still have code41, check the hardware connections properly. The SCSI cable to be more specific as we know the power cable is in. (If you want test the drive on another PC) as code41 means the drivers are detected but the physical device isnt detected.
- If it dont pick it up at all... then we will need more help :p

Scanned for new hardware and didn't pick back up. The drive cables are still in place and power cables still hooked up. I took the drive out and tried the device I have that plays devices via usb cable but it didn't pick up there either. I can't try my laptop as I only have usb1 there. It has to have usb2 to play. I could try hooking up another computer I have but I'm pretty sure both cd/dvd roms are ok, and it's just some raid driver problems in play.

Hey!! I went into system config utility and somehow my cd/dvr roms are now operating. Now I think I'm going to just reformat the whole thing and start over. Thanks SOOOOO much for all your help RoyalW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom