Deleted Linux partition... what about windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you need to use the recovery console on your Windows disc to restore the MBR. Pretty sure you just need to run "fixmbr" but there might be a little more to it, so Google for it. I've never actually done it.

Recovery console.

fixboot and then the fixmbr commands. Will fix up the XP boot process. For Vista insert the DVD and when you get the Install Now option there is a clickable link to the lower left hand corner which will say Repair. There you can do the startup repair for Vista.

It didn't work. Cause there really isn't anything wrong with the mbr... it just understands where linux and windows is... doesn't matter if they exist or not. So I'm guessing that I'll have to edit the mbr somehow... and remove the linux portion. Anybody have any ideas on this? Is this capable through the command prompt from the vista repair dvd?

You shouldnt have to do any of that. Doing those commands should have over written GRUB and made the Windows bootloader the active one again. If it didnt then the commands were not executed properly.

Went to go and put Mandriva back on the deleted partition and booyah! Mandriva had an option on the bootloader to fix windows boot loader. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom