delay in windows and IE cant figure out

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
im really starting to get annoyed by this . it seems like no matter how much i try to keep this pc running smooth theres always something thats gonna brake.

every few weeks or so theres diferent crap that somehow slows it down.

now out of nowhere it started having a delay almost everywhere.

it was fine yesterday then i started using it today and almost every single action theres a delay
in windows and internet explorer.
theres no CPU load theres no memory hogs, i have 3 GB of ram free and i dont see any high cpu usage. or network usage.

is there a diagnostic tool that can help me troubleshoot this so i dont have to spend hours and hours guessing what could be broken this time?

i have 3 different antimalware programs and zone alarm internet explorer is also updated as well as all the flash and other plugins.

i just reset teh IE completely a week ago because it was so bloated that i couldnt even load up photobucket.

i delete cookies and other temp files regularly and have an SSD system drive that is only at 40% full now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well lets see you say you have 3 different anti programs installed when it is only suggested to have 1. I already see the problem.

Run 1 Internet Security program or Anti program all times. then use something like MBAM Free once a week to check. Never under any circumstance run multiple programs as they will conflict with each other and you see the results.

i have 3 different antimalware programs and zone alarm internet explorer ....TADA!!!!!!!!!

Depends if they're active antimalware, or manual antimalware programs.. If they're active programs, then yes they can conflict. If they're ones that you have to run manually, then you shouldn't have to worry..

none of them are in active protection mode.

i have superantispyware and malwarebytes.
sometimes one of them doesnt find all the files so i run both of them one after another and almost always the second scan finds something else.(yes i do get malware once in a while) i scanned the pc but didnt find anything on the last scan. and zone alarm didnt alert me to anything out of ordinary...

i would really like a system scanner that will tell me if theres any conflicting settings or settings that are slowing down the PC etc.

There is no such thing as a universal system scanner to tell you what is wrong. If such a thing existed, then there would be no need for forums or any help sites out there. As everyone would use such a tool and figure out the problem and find a response on a Blog or other such website.

The only thing you can try is sfc /scannow. But that only scans for Windows Files. It doesnt scan the whole system and look for issues that could be due to driver related problems or other things. You will have to do what the rest of us do and troubleshoot the issues as they come up.

what about registry scanner would it even benefit windows 7 i dont really know much about the system yet i just started using it.

i had all the tools for windows 98 all the way to xp but now im waay out of the PC world and forgot alot of sht.

i have defragment set on all other drives every month
always keep the SSD under 50% capacity
and i also do system drive scan pretty often

i try out alot of programs tho and suspect that they leave garbage around when uninstalling. can that be somewhow checked? like the system files that get updated with installation but never reverted back to original.

i have the resource monitor open alot of times but i dont know what to look for when the system hangs like that.

sometimes i see the logitech motion detection app is not responding and it hangs so i close it completely including the LWS process

but then few minutes later it still hangs

can a defective memory module do that?
they are about a year old and the newer ons is about 6 months old

because i upgraded to SSD drive but didnt nottice any improvement in speed

switched from barracuda 10000rpm drive 36gb
i dont have anything stored on system drive only windows programs and stuff

Back
Top Bottom