Defrag

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont find it worth my time to use the default windows defrag. I use system mechanic pro and use their optimized defrag option, and there is a considerable difference between that and the standard defrag. Its taken me up to 2 days to defrag, but its worth it.

i used O&O didn't really like it.. using disk keeper now faster simpler :) sorry but O&O took forever... so

Its the one function I always forget about, try to do it once a month, I do do system maintenance each weak but I'm a download junkie though, man do I hate them viruses.

I don't do it very often, but thanks for saying something. When I get my new comp runnin' I'll start doing it bi-weekly.

Thanks for all the responses. It looks like a lot of people are defragging their hard drives on a regular basis using a third party defrag program.

It really kinda depends on how much you're fragging up your HD. If you're installing and uninstalling alot of programs or creating/deleting a lot of files then you should do it often.

If you've changed very little on your system in the past month, then it's hardly necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom