defender

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so last night while i was sleeping, i ran windows defender on a full system scan. it came up empty, which is fine. but at least once a month i like to scan as much as possible. i learned the other day about doing an off line scan, which apparently gets deeper, but i have tried 3 times to get it to run, but it will not start. do i have to disconnect the Ethernet cord in order to get this to start? or maybe i am missing another clue?

Defender is hilarious.. I was doing some routine scans with my normal AV software and in the middle of the scans Defender came up with a windows notification that said "Defender found some malware and has removed it"

But my AV scan didn't find anything lol and defender didn't give me any detail about what it supposedly found

I think microsoft just makes it seem like its doing something when really its just a nuisance background process that dings notifications randomly lol

Shouldn't be necessary; only useful for rootkits like it says in the article.

Depends on if you're visiting a lot of shady websites, or installing questionable software.

[Depends on if you're visiting a lot of shady websites, or installing questionable software. /QUOTE]

its the internet. unless it is a secure website that i feel comfortable purchasing from, i consider ALL of it shady! i guess i have had so many problems in the early days, it has left me shell shocked.

Back
Top Bottom