DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. I've had my computer recently say that a default mail client is not set up.

How do I find which one that is?

I always use gmail.

Or..Is it always talking about outlook.

SC

Last edited:
What operating system are you using and do you have microsoft office?
If you do have outlook, then yes, windows thinks that is your default email client. You can find out on how you need to set up the outlook email through your ISP's email or if your going to use gmail then you can add gmail to your outlook from this guide:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/gmail

Last edited:
It's talking about a client like Outlook, Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc.

If you use Gmail, you're using a web-based email, and unless you have it connected through a desktop client (like one I listed previously), then you won't have a default mail client. I believe there is a way to make it popup with GMail as your default email.

Hello. Does Windows 7 OS come with OutLook?

No. Windows doesn't come with a mail client anymore, since Windows XP (Outlook Express).

Outlook is a part of the paid office suite, Microsoft Office.

You can get Microsoft Live Mail (free), or Mozilla Thunderbird (free/open source, from makers of FireFox).

Hello. What I'm going thru right now is what I hate about computers..the industry.
Apparently outlook express is gone now I have to download Windows live essentials.

I am trying to make video call eventually.

Hello. What I'm going thru right now is what I hate about computers..the industry.
Apparently outlook express is gone now I have to download Windows live essentials.

I am trying to make video call eventually.

Windows Live Mail (part of Live Essentials) or Mozilla Thunderbird would be your best free options.

Boy. The technical bugs today were....amazing. I got Skype and web cam software. Both are working. But a YahooMessenger program kept telling me I was missing a .dll file.

Also, Skype earlier today only 'allowed' me to try to phone call NOT video call..but that has been resolved. The web cam stuff was installed and re-installed now it is working for me.
Hmm......?

@SC if you have not solved the problem - i see that you have a lot of troubles, why don't you try with a fresh win7 installation? If not, try reinstalling both messengers, Yahoo & Skype as well. If that does not help, i would go to fresh win7 install.

Back to topic:
Mozzila Thunderbird is good free solution, i never had troubles with it and it's also connected with MS Exchange Server & our Jatheon email archiving appliance and everything works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom