default mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbp

Baseband Member
Think I've raised this before so apologies in advance. I bought my husband a laptop for Xmas, Windows 7. Recently when trying to book a hotel, he went into hotel's web, clicked on email and sent message. Suspect they don't receive message. Certainly get no answers! The way around it is to make a note of email address, shut down hotel web, go into his 'live mail.co.uk and go that way. I would still like to know what the problem is. I was talking recently to someone with Vista and they had the same problem. An expensive helpline failed to resolve this.
barb

What email program do you use?

If you use a web based system versus outlook or livemail (program not website) then copying the address is the easiest solution.

If you do not wish to copy it over then install a email program, and set it as your default.

Did you request a Read Receipt? This is a notification sent to you directly when the mail is read. There is an option for it in just about every email program. I know it is in Outlook and Windows Live Mail.

To go further on what Hefe said, if you dont have a default email program set, when you click on a live email link on a web page you will get an error. So what program is set to be the default email program for you? Are you using strictly web based or did you do what was suggested previously and get Windows Live Mail?

Thanks, The problem is with the laptop my husband uses. Windows 7 Live mail. I can ask for read receipt next time. Alt I can try to set up a different default email.(did try once with no success). That'll keep me busy for the rest of the year. My own is OE and I never had this problem.
Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom