Deepfreeze installation problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
Several years ago I first used deepfreeze. Once though I had an issue with the icon not showing up and not being able to unfreeze my computer so I stopped using it after that.

Now though I want to start using it again in order to make my windows install more secure according to my concept of securing a windows box. The thing is the new deepfreeze seems to be a lot more complicated since the last time I used it.

Several files came along with the installation and there are at least two things that need to be installed to make it work. I installed the faronics core, the loadin and even the data igloo.

Now this is where the confusion starts. When I installed the loadin it said deepfreeze was installed successfully. The faronics core also reports deepfreeze to be installed. However, there is no deepfreeze icon and above that the data igloo that I installed as well reports that deepfreeze is not installed.

The only issue I had during the installation was with faronics core. For some reason it can not create new keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom