Dear Windows 7 Guru's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent ZA from loading up at all and you should be able to tell if that is the issue. Most likely is cause even if you disable ZA it still is running and preventing net access. I have had that happen to me before. If you can get it working in Safe Mode, then ZA is the issue.

- My laptops see both networks (I have 2 lines in the house) and only one of the 3 cards cannot be enabled. But windows TELLS me it's enabled, but yet it shows disabled.

- I will try safe mode when I get home from work. Don't have much time now and everyone's asleep. :p

Safe mode didn't work as well...
I even uninstalled the ZA and Avast after uninstalling the NIC card first. then just the card. Windows installed the card, sees it, enables it, but won't see a network. And it will also not let the Driver installed wireless program open either. Weird... :( so I guess I'm going to do a clean install while the card is installed and see what happens. :wtf:

i ran into this problem my self turned out the driver that windows 7 loads for a few wirless nics is faulty i have to use a windows xp driver running admin and compatibility mode to get it to work unless its windows 7 certified

Well, it seems that a fresh install worked for my son's machine, but I'm going to try your trick Desolation, before I tackle my wife's; With her business, I don't want to bring that machine down any longer than I have to. But it's still very weird that no matter what, I couldn't get that stupid card to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom