Dear Vista - Please Play Nicely With My Mouse. Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying Mak. I'm only going based on what my own two eyes saw. When someone goes into the registry, fixes something, reboots the computer and all of the sudden it works, call me crazy but - I'd say the registry adjustment fixed it. Wouldn't you? I guess I just expected better, since this is the most basic image in the entire district since it's only going to elementary labs. I mean, geez, google earth to elementary labs alone is going to be enough to drool over for a few weeks. If it were a CADD image or Photoshop image then I wouldn't be too surprised if something backfires. But when you have google earth and web based Firefox links on the desktop and that's it, I don't understand what could have corrupted it.

And for the record, I never said otherwise in regard to you telling me Vista profiles were different than XP. Scroll up. Check the other thread. I did what you said. I listened loud and clear. It didn't work. That, to me, is a big problem, because I still need to get the job done, and I'm flat out stuck with the operating system in front of me. I have no choice. I have to make this work. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have had a "Vista" issue in the first place.

I understand Vista profiles are better, more secure, less prone to corrupt, etc etc. I hear all of that loud and clear. I accept it with open arms. But that means nothing to me if I can't default the **** thing. Does it?

Now that I've spent the day getting the mouse working on this computer, it's now time I stay after hours for the 3rd day in a row to get this image done.

I really appreciate your input, Mak. But, as you've said, times change. Sometimes for the better... other times, not.

Thanks again.

Case Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom