Dear Java - I hate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Tried installing OpenOffice, which fires up Java. I get Error 1330.

I tried all 3 fixes on this page, among all of the others I saw when I dug around.

Java Error 1330

Did anybody else run into this?

OS is XP Pro SP3.

Ya I agree w/ Oldskool here, maybe the auto update wont encounter the same error... God if Java wouldn't work on my computer I think that would be format worthy... Well GL hope the older install works for you.

I've downloaded several older versions of java, all of which yielded the exact same problem. I also removed it from add/remove and tried again. Same error.

Although I'm one that believes formatting can often be quicker than troubleshooting a problem like this, it's not my computer, it's a teacher's computer at work so I can't just pull the plug on it that easily.

I also removed all instances of Java and tried to let OpenOffice take control, since OpenOffice comes bundled with Java which installs just prior to OpenOffice firing up, and Java failed there too.

I also got one of those automatic updates in the lower right corner. I figured, why not? Failed as well.

I'm going to try that app Osiris suggested. It's the last thing that I haven't tried. Troubleshooting Java like this is pretty new. It's always just worked before. But hopefully we can iron it out.

Sounds good, I work INET TS for a couple major ISP's and install java on alot of peoples computers for Remote Help. Never encountered any issues like this; I will cross my fingers that I don't ever. Tell us if it works though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom