Deadly blue screen error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrell

Beta member
Recently, I had RedHat 8.0 installed onto my Compaq Presario 7470. I decided to uninstall Redhat and put Window 2003 server onto the machine. While trying to install 2003 server, I encountered the deadly blue screen error. The blue screen say I have some type of hardware error. Now I can't install Window 2003 onto my machine. Do anyone know how to fix the blue screen error? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

After 2003 Server wouldn't install on my Compaq, I tried to install XP onto the machine but it would not install. I had XP installed on the machine before I installed RedHat on the machine. Everytime I try to install either XP or 2003 Server I get different types of errors such as PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I think I am unable to install XP due to something Redhat did to my machine after installation. However, I do not know how to fix the problem. Any suggestion?

You need to reformat the HDD (delete all partitions first)...........BUT you CANNOT use a XP/03 install CD to do the formatting as they do not completely wipe a HDD. So

a) use the utility floppy from your HDD manufacturer (they all have them for dload if you dont have one) and do a LLF first.

b)Use a 98/ME boot floppy and FDISK the drive.

Use RedHat to delete partion's and make 1 big Fat 32 one and format.Reenstall what ever Win OS you want.Least thats how i got rid of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom