Deadly blue screen error? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2004, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Deadly blue screen error?

Recently, I had RedHat 8.0 installed onto my Compaq Presario 7470. I decided to uninstall Redhat and put Window 2003 server onto the machine. While trying to install 2003 server, I encountered the deadly blue screen error. The blue screen say I have some type of hardware error. Now I can't install Window 2003 onto my machine. Do anyone know how to fix the blue screen error? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Check the HCL (Hardware Compatibility List) and make sure all of your components are supported for Win2k3.

Old 03-19-2004, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

After 2003 Server wouldn't install on my Compaq, I tried to install XP onto the machine but it would not install. I had XP installed on the machine before I installed RedHat on the machine. Everytime I try to install either XP or 2003 Server I get different types of errors such as PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I think I am unable to install XP due to something Redhat did to my machine after installation. However, I do not know how to fix the problem. Any suggestion?
Old 03-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

You need to reformat the HDD (delete all partitions first)...........BUT you CANNOT use a XP/03 install CD to do the formatting as they do not completely wipe a HDD. So

a) use the utility floppy from your HDD manufacturer (they all have them for dload if you dont have one) and do a LLF first.

b)Use a 98/ME boot floppy and FDISK the drive.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

Use RedHat to delete partion's and make 1 big Fat 32 one and format.Reenstall what ever Win OS you want.Least thats how i got rid of mine.
Closed Thread