dc++ problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisiblewall

Baseband Member
Can anyone help me with this really strange problem?
A couple weeks ago, dc++ was running perfectly fine but it then suddenly wouldn't let me search or connect to anybody(or let anybody connect to me). I didn't install anything and I didn't change any settings. I checked my router settings and everything seemed alright and nothing had changed. I uninstalled and reinstalled to the newer versions but still no change. The only solution I could find was switching from active mode to passive mode and I'm sure that I didn't install anything that would be a firewall in those past few days.

Did your IP change? If it didn't, are you running any other program that might use the same port that you opened for DC++.

My ip didn't change. I'm also know that I didn't start any programs that would of used the same ports (1411-1413)

Hm.. my emule is giving me lowids again now despite none of my settings or addresses changing :mad:
My sister also uses this computer so I'll check if she's been screwing around with the network configs again.

It might be SP2 from windows...? BUT DONT US DC++ this week i got a letter from my ISP saying copywrite infrigment on a movie I downloaded off of DC++ It showed where it was located. it was new/movies/moviename.mpg thats is where I send all my downloads. There are two parent directories before that! They also included my user name that I only use on DC++ goto www.suprnova.org and use a bit torrent client. I suggest using Azureus as the client.

I haven't installed any service packs in about a year :(
Well this isn't too much of a problem as I downloaded almost everything I needed off dc++ before this happened and I can download the rest in passive mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom