DBANing Laptop, Reboot Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

melorock

Baseband Member
First time DBANing my laptop, I then plan to install Windows 7 RC on a boot-up disk. Anything I need to know? Just feel a bit effy. Thanks

Not really. Just make sure to burn the Win7 ISO as it is. Do not extract it or anything. After you run DBan make sure that your system is set to boot from the optical drive and have the Win7 disk inserted. It should prompt you to hit a key to start the install and off you go.

Basically after you run DBAN, you have a blank HDD. It is pretty much like you just put a new one in there (except for the age/usage). Thus you really only need to go through the normal install method. Mak213 ihas it right. Just pop in your burned DVD-R for Windows 7 after DBAN runs and have it boot off that DVD. Run the setup and you should be kosher. DBAN shouldn't affect the install process at all.

I'm having issues running DBAN. If I can't figure out the deal, I'll look for another disk wiper

Hey, does your laptop have a Core Duo processor? If so it says on the site "If you have a computer with an Intel Core Duo processor, then you must use the DBAN 2.0 pre-release to get full performance." So if that applies to you, you could download the beta 2.0, and try that.

Also when you have completed the reinstall make sure you find your chip set drivers for your motherboard, you can normally find them on the manufactures website and also find your comps graphics driver, those are the 2 that i also find even if it is already installed, I never trust graphics drivers that i pull off of microsoft update, i have had to many funky screens after a restart when i download and install one on accident

other then that Windows 7 is AMAZING!!! I have it on both my laptop and Desktop, both running it flawlessly and both craving more from Microsoft lol

Hope you enjoy Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom