DBAN

thats not what is happening at all. there is a black screen with a bunch of text, half of which is coding jargon. so i must not be doing something correctly. this download had me burn it to a dvd, and then run it from that.

the screen you put up looks nothing like the screen that is being displayed on my computer. what is being displayed on mine is just a black screen with type on it, half of which is coding jargon. the program i downloaded had me save it to a dvd, and then run it from there. there was no green box or anything else. it just started to display the text. so i am guessing i did something wrong.

the screen you put up looks nothing like the screen that is being displayed on my computer. what is being displayed on mine is just a black screen with type on it, half of which is coding jargon. the program i downloaded had me save it to a dvd, and then run it from there. there was no green box or anything else. it just started to display the text. so i am guessing i did something wrong.

It might not have booted properly then.

Can you take a picture and post what it says? If a burned disc isn't working, may need to just try a LiveUSB. You can use a tool like Rufus to create the ISO into a bootable USB drive.

good, it worked. anyway, that is what it looked like all the way thru, from start to stall. except the wording and coding changed along the way. i did try to see if it would format after all of that. but again the computer would not even recognize there was a drive there. i tried it as the primary, and secondary drive. no difference.

Yeah it didn't actually get booted into GParted. I would try creating a bootable flash drive if you can.

Hospital eh? Hope all is well!

she will be fine, its just going to take several months. she passed out, fell and broke both lower leg bones. the operated and put a stainless steel rod into the middle pf the main (tibia) bone, and screwed it in place. they also found the cause and cure of why she passed out to begin with. her blood pressure drops way to low. so they put her on pills to raise her pressure. // i will try using a flash drive. and let you know how it turns out as soon as i can. this driving 90 miles a day to see her every day i could live without.

geesh! this is a difficult program. i am having trouble just getting the first part of the instructions, and the program i need to even make this one work. its no wonder it didn't work the first time. of course the extra stress and poor sleep probably isn't helping either. its just to complicated for me right now. is there an easier program to get running? if not, i will just be out of luck.

geesh! this is a difficult program. i am having trouble just getting the first part of the instructions, and the program i need to even make this one work. its no wonder it didn't work the first time. of course the extra stress and poor sleep probably isn't helping either. its just to complicated for me right now. is there an easier program to get running? if not, i will just be out of luck.

Which part are you having issues with? For Rufus, you just drag & drop the ISO, select your USB drive, and click Ok. It'll format it, then write the ISO to the flash drive.

Then boot off of the flash drive, it should load GParted (may ask you what language keymapping to use), then it'll load a GUI. Once there, you can pick your drive in the top-right corner dropdown. Then from there you can right click the partitions in the list view, or the graph-view and delete or create partitions.

A bit of an older guide we have: http://www.techist.com/forums/f128/gparted-usage-tutorial-224994/

Back
Top Bottom