Data Recovery Software...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolfblue

Beta member
I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find a good data recovery program. What happened was I lost the use of a second hard drive, and lost everything. Then I went and reformatted. The original format was FAT32, and I reformatted as NTFS. Not much has been put on the drive, as it's just a secondary drive. But I would like to retrieve as much as I can on the drive. I've found a couple programs, but when installed, they only retrieve a number of file types. One doesn't have Photoshop files in their listing, and another doesn't have CSV files. I would like one that if possible, would retrieve any and all file formats. Any recommendations? Free or paid is fine, as I'd be willing to pay if it's the right program for what I want.

In my experience, recovering data is best used when the disk is left untouched. Reformatting it into a new file system already dramatically reduced the chance of a good recovery. Although some programs have a "format recovery" it still isnt 100%.

During the format process, any data would have been overwritten with different data.

The best way to recover is to move the problem drive as a secondary drive and using another as the processing drive (c:)
You have already done this however you should have recovered the data before changing to NTFS.

The program that I have used for recovering data of hard drive is called Restoration. It freeware.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

I used it all the time with successful results. Even from Floppy Disks. Please note that what every you find, you will need to check to see if it still works. There is that chance that your file is currupted.

There is most likely better programs out there, but you will need to pay for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom