data in network drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
when we delete data in a network drive, is there anyway to undo the delete like when you delete in a local drive (recycle bin)?

this is on winXP workstation and network drive is win2000serversp4.

You need like when you delete a file on a mapped network drive? If so, then wouldn't the data be in the recycle bin of that remote computer?

I'm not getting what you're asking.

Also, if the data is gone, use an application to recover deleted file. One example is ERD commander, however there are plenty of others even free versions.

ya, i'm talking about when you accidentally delete a file on a mapped network drive. and it wont' go to the recycle bin on that remote computer unfortunately.

this users created a file and accidentally deleted it between backup jobs so it was never backed up. tough luck for her...

i'll try the data recovery apps like you said. do you have any recommandation?

I use ERD commander 2005, that's about the only thing I used for deleted file recovery. Maybe someone can recommend another good solid program. Also, you might want to do the recovery as soon as possible, the earlier you do it, the better the chances. The user should not be allow to use the computer also until the file is recovered.

Law said:
I use ERD commander 2005, that's about the only thing I used for deleted file recovery. Maybe someone can recommend another good solid program. Also, you might want to do the recovery as soon as possible, the earlier you do it, the better the chances. The user should not be allow to use the computer also until the file is recovered.

I agree

And a lot of times when you delete a file across the network it doesnt go into the recycle bin. Here are some other good undelete tools.

Active Undelete v5.1.010
Easy Recovery v6.04
Final Data Enterprise v2.0
Get Data Back v2.1
Recover My Files v3.22
I used Easy Recovery on too 300Gig hard drives that got corrupt and was able to recover 98% of my lost files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom