Data Help! Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECTech

Neowin.net
Greetings Everybody,

I have a serious problem here... I picked up a machine from a client yesterday that is extremely infected. I am unable to boot into windows, so i have removed the HD and installed it on my machine. Well, i proceeded to copy all his data so i could do a clean install, and realized his profile is scattered all over the HD. So, my question is...what is the best option(s) in this situation? I NEED to recover all his office doc's and emails from outlook.

Search for all *.doc and copy them to another hard drive.
Then SCAN them - don't open.

ok thanks, i got that part saved. Now the part that really worries me is, the persons profile that should contain all the doc's only has 1 file under Documents and Settings... which is called "irs.prn" and i absolutely NEED to make sure that i get all the doc's before i reinstall windows. any other idea's???

ECTech said:
ok thanks, i got that part saved. Now the part that really worries me is, the persons profile that should contain all the doc's only has 1 file under Documents and Settings... which is called "irs.prn" and i absolutely NEED to make sure that i get all the doc's before i reinstall windows. any other idea's???

Let's think for a sec.
What applications does he use to save all his stuff in? prn is a print file, I don't see what he would need that for; unless he accidentally printed to a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom