Darik Boot Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I tried updating the BIOS for some odd reason, and I was able to boot from the BIOS but it had an error.

it said the following

Drive FE returns 000h bytes per SEctor.

Dri9ver not installed.
cD-Rom xms/386 read cache, E Auer
License: GPL2. For standard CD_ROM devices drivers.
Cannot open client CD-ROM device driver CDROM001

CDRache will not stay resident

CAnt open CD Driver CDRCACH
SHSUCDX cant install.

ERrror: Failure loading; unable to find Cd-rom drive! If you have mulitipople CD-ROM drives, plase remove the other other CDROM discs and try again. Otherwise your disc amy be corrupt or the CD_ROM driver does not correctly support your system. Pelase reboot your computer now.

Well I guess I am going to pop in the installation CD to see what happens for the CD-DRive or look online for any other answer?

Well from what i see the Drive and you mobo are not compatible. They seem to conflict with each other. So it may not be the CD's at all. IT could be the drive.

Just tried a firmware update; Still get a boot failed. Im going to contact samsung and see what they say.

Well from what i see the Drive and you mobo are not compatible. They seem to conflict with each other. So it may not be the CD's at all. IT could be the drive.

He siad he's tried 2 different drives besides his original, though.

Then the mobo connector could be thrashed. If he keeps getting this error with every drive hooked up.

Could be connector, I will try with a different port and different cable however I must note that the other drive had the same error message that I posted with the first drive.

ok well I got a reply from Samsung to contact them because they have no clue what I am talking about. Just posting to keep this updated, I will see what is going on.

Contacted Intel told me to remove CMOS Battery and reset my BIOS to default settings and erase my configuration log......that did not work either. I sent them an email to see what else can be done about this dilemma.

Hello,

As i had previously stated it could be the IDE connection on the mother board. If that is the case no contact with Samsung or Intel will help. Only a replacement motherboard will fix the issue.

Cheers,
Mak

Ok Well Here I am once again after a hiatus of ordering the motherboard.

I just finished installing the brand new replacement motherboard and I still get a boot failed from the CD.....

Back to the drawing board...any suggestions?

Interestingly enough while I was troubleshooting the mobo with intel they told me they havent had a similar report with this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom