Damn Xp Sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshio

Beta member
Story is My motherboard just blew up in a round about way, so off I went to my computer shop while I thought good chance to upgrade.
Bought a new motherboard and processor got it all in fine but needed a clean install.
Dug out my discs and installed windows again all went fine, got my drivers and such installed and cracked on with the windows updates. all went fine with the first 2, but when i got to the SP2 update asked to restart, did this. But when it rebooted it got past the bit where is says
"windows XP" and had the blue scroll bar thingy at the bottom (yes thats the techinal word for it :p )
It flashes a blue screen for about 1/4 of a second with lots of writing on dont know what it says. then reboots its self, and this turns into a visious cycle. So I reinsall windows again run through all the updates again and it does it again, reinstalled windows a 3rd time but have not installed SP2 and it works fine. But the thing is I need SP2 for reasons.

ANyone have any ideas of how to get around this?

Take everything out of your mobo, except 1 stick or ram, 1 drive, no pci, agp cards, etc unless you need them, then reboot. Keeps doing this until you can boot. Switch out the memory also.

There are several ways to do it, you can follow the instructions on the site at the elder geeks site or any of the others I'll list, but the easiest is one called AutoStreamer. it is so simple with this.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Autostreamer.shtml

xp sp2 work on every computer when you don't a fresh install. it only works about half of the time when you install it over sp1 or plain xp because it conflicts with their intended settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom