DAEMON Tools Not Installing, and Other Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try updating the drivers of the SCSI Cdrom Device from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\cdrom.sys i get a message saying that "the location does not contain any device info files." What can I do to install these drivers, and will it allow me to choose a drive letter for the virtual device?

did you try creating drives first?
like set number of drivers...chose how many you want.
im all out of ideas now....

Are you running XP or Vista? There is only 1 version of Daemon that works on Vista. Also do you have any drive letters free? In XP and VIsta you can only use letter C-Z for drive letters. If you dont haev any of those available you cant use their virtual drive.

Im using XP, and I have more than enough drives available for use.

So I don't understand what's wrong :( I'm just wondering now if there is something wrong with my virtual drivers... Should I reinstall? And if I should, how do I do this? Because I've tried reinstalling with the drivers in c:\program files\windows\drivers\cdrom.inf it won't even find the file .... :confused:

You shouldnt have to install with any drivers. When Daemon installs it doenst need drivers. You should just download the file. Run the isntaller and it should create a virtual drive for you. If you had to point to any drivers or try to use any drivers with it then something is most definately wrong.

when you open daemon tools. Youll see an icon on the bottom. left click it- if theyre 2 options like
device 0 and unmount all drives...it means you have 1 virual drive installed.
goto my computer and ull see and extra cdrom drive installed...remember this is only virtual.
Im guessing your trying to mount files.
So click the device 0 and then youll be able to locate your image file.
Open it and then there you go

That's the thing though, I know how to use it but I just don't have a drive letter in that Device 0. It just says:

Device 0: [ ] No Media

There should be a drive letter in the brackets, but there isn't, and i can't set it up because when i right click, go to Virtual CD/DVD Rom, Device 0:, and then Set Device Parameters, and i try to set up let's say J: as the drive letter, it errors:

Unable to set new drive letter.

:(

First of all...what are you trying do it...you can only mount images to the virtual drives.
And when it said Device 0...its fine. You have 1 device. When you set 2 drives..it will show up as .
Device 0
device 1.

Left click device 0 and it will take you to search for opening a file. Just locate the image your looking for.

Yes yes, but when i click on DAEMON tools it should say something like:

Device 0: [ E:] ....

However, mine says:

Device 0: [ ]

It does not have a name for the virtual drive... which is why i can't load anything to it. i only need device 0, i don't need more than that.

How can i get it to be able to show a drive letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom