DAEMON Tools Not Installing, and Other Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

opus42no5

Baseband Member
I recently ran into a few viruses, and it somehow took out DAEMON Tools. When I try to reinstall, it runs into an internal error and the installer shuts down. I am thinking that I am missing a lot of essential Windows files, because when I ran a scan before running windows during startup, it couldn't find a lot of objects.

What's wrong with the DAEMON Installer? Also, do I need to get these files back on the computer? How can I find out what they are, and where can I get them from and put all the core Windows files back on?

if u read te installer the searchbar says, "Provides relevant advertising or something like that" u should have unchecked it during the installation

its a bad toolbar.
I like the software but i dont why they had to provide that toolbar or searchbar, i cant exactly remember.

I don't get what you guys are mentioning... what toolbar? And how do I fix this? Thanks!

Here is a step by step walkthrough.
1- Open up the setup file
2-Click Next...youll be directed to user agreement.
3-Click I Agree...then it will install SPTD which will require you reboot.
4-Then you will have 3 check marks to select. It might be 4.
Just do not select the one that says something like searchbar. Or WhenUSearch. I cant remember.
I cant install it on the pc im on becase im at school and we have norton ghost and itll remove everything once i restart.

Hope this helps.

As soon as I click on "I Agree" it says "Internal setup error. Contact support." :( it was installed before, do you think an installed search bar is the problem? if so, how do i remove it?

Did you delete all of the old files which daemons tools left..

in C:/Program Files/Daemon Tools before you ran installer. Do you have an anti virus/firewall that maybe blocking it?

try downloading the SPTD file separate and install that first.
Then try installing daemon tools.

I just installed the newer version lik 2 weeks ago and I was getting an error. I cannot remember exactly what it was.
All i did was install the SPTD file first then it reboot your pc.
Then proceed with daemon tools.

thanks, downloading the SPTD first and installing beforehand fixed the problem.

However, now when i run DAEMON Tools, I can't set a virtual drive letter :( what should i do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom