D*** Windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i edited my post after i realized you said MSN not Windows. But i can say that to view the dump files you have to go to the Control Panel under Administrative Tools. there should be a Event Viewer there. that is where you can find them.

thats a memory error more than likely.

If you have more than 1 stick of ram, take one out and use it til it crashes and if it dont crash, take that out and out the other in, then it it dont happen, its your memory stick

Well the specs in my sig are innacurate. Here are me new PC specs:

AMD Opteron 165 Dual Core CPU @ 2.6ghz (289*9)
G.Skill DDR600 1gb (512mbx2) RAM in Dual Channel
Western Digital 120gb HDD
FSP 600Watt PSU
DFI Lanparty SLI Ultra D Expert
EVGA 7800GT
Cooler Master Centurion 5 case
Thermaltake Big Typhoon Heatsink

I really hope it isn't my memory! That stuff isn't cheap!

How would the stick go bad though? It isn't above it's rated limits, except for maybe the voltage which is about 2.9 volts. It is TCCD ram as well....

Well damnit I think it is the ram. I took one stick out and tried to boot and it wouldn't even post! So I switched the ram stick with the one I took out and it works....

So what now?

I wonder if G.Skill has some sort of warranty?

Edit: Looks like G.Skill doesn't make this ram anymore..... 2.9v was inside of the safety zone on this ram!

lazerman said:
Well damnit I think it is the ram. I took one stick out and tried to boot and it wouldn't even post! So I switched the ram stick with the one I took out and it works....

So what now?

I wonder if G.Skill has some sort of warranty?

Edit: Looks like G.Skill doesn't make this ram anymore..... 2.9v was inside of the safety zone on this ram!

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL are almost always memory issues

It was a memory issue, now I just trying to figure out why it messed up and how to replace it for free since it was well withing it's operating safe zone!

I got it from newegg around christmas time. I don't see the one I got on their website though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom