D*** Windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
Okay, I was just about to post a page long post about how my comp keeps crashing and then it did it again!

Bare with me, I am going to save after every couple of sentences and then edit this post in case it crashes again.

Okay, so my computer was running fine for about 3 months. This is a new build that I did about a month after christmas. Everything worked perfectly, but then Windows XP started crashing left and right. I thought it was just time for a reformat, but now after a reformat and reinstall of Windows XP (SP2) Home Edition it is still crashing frequently. I haven't changed any of the settings except for:

I removed:
MSN Explorer
Indexing Service from C: drive and all of it's subfolders
Windows Messenger

I installed:
Firefox
Attempted to update Windows

The comp only seems to crash when it is under a heavy load such as transferring 40gb of info off my brother's laptop (I put it there while I reformatted.

I don't know what to do. I am getting BSOD, the ones I can remember are

IRQL_Less_not_equal_to or something like that, and RDR File Directory.

The last time it crashed was when I was starting a thread just like this one. The time before that is was when I was trying to transfer files, and the time before that was when I was attempting to update Windows XP off of microsofts website.

Anybody know what is going on?

Again this is a completely fresh install of Windows XP (SP2) Home Edition.

Guys please read my main post again.

The copy of Windows is good, it is the one I bought and have reused on the same comp after several reformats (which is legal).

It could be a bad file but how do I know what file is bad?

It does it when I am not transferring files as well sometimes.

I'm going to set it to full memory dump so next time it crashes I can write down what the BSOD says....

lazerman said:
Oh and feel free to shoot Bill Gates while you are at it!

There should be a game where you just shoot famous people and celebrities. You choose the people you dont like and you just go around killing them.

Anyway, back to the problems. The BSOD code will help figuring out what the problem is.

How did you go about removing the apps named? IT could be if you just deleted them and not uninstalled them they could be looking for those files that were deleted and that could be causeing the BSOD.

Not sure try a Repair install and dont remove anything and see if will be stable for you.

I didn't do anything with the windows explorer. I uninstalled the MSN Explorer which is a browser...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom