D Drive....help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiphopboo69

Solid State Member
Whats the d drive???????Whats on it???? What happens if i delete it.....i have a compaw presario.......its not a zip drive.

i know this much: on compaq presarios the default drive letter for the recovery partition is D, so if you have not modified your drive letters in any way, do not delete or modify drive D because most likely this is your recovery partition. if you delete it you will not be able to recover your computer if something went wrong.

the d drive isnt dvd or cd...........i think its that partition drive.....so wut do i do if my d drive is almost filled up?........could it affect my computer speed??

Well, if randy is correct, then it shouldn't be "filling up". You should not be accessing this partitoin for anything or storing anything in there.

That's assuming that randy is correct. You didn't give us a heck of a lot of info to go off of though.

It's like Tech Help sharades.

That's the recovery partition.. basically, don't touch it. If you've got some junk on there, delete it. It should remain exactly as it was when you purchased your computer since it is used for recovery purposes in case something goes wrong.

well its been gettin more full.......i havent willfully been puttin nething on it......so y is it still getin so big??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom