Customizing icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehgit

In Runtime
When I right click an icon and go to properties I can no longer see the change icon appearance option under the customize tab. Could CCleaner or Cleanup have deleted this option from the registry? If so, how do I get it back? I know you know, Mak...:) Thanks in advance.

Not every Icon has the option to change its Icon. Plus it also depends on if it is XP/Vista/Win7 and where the Icon is located.

If you are trying to change a Drive Icon you cant. If you are just trying to change a Desktop Shortcut icon you should be able to depending on what the item is.

So give me some more info on what it is you want to change and where with what OS.

Running XP SP3, My desktop is tied to the network (I can log onto any computer and see my desktop with all it's icons). This is a new issue as there are icons that I have changed, and now can't. Here are some examples:

Attachments

• scrnshot.jpg
    scrnshot.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 27
So you have a roaming profile? Is that what you are saying?

Yeah, but again, this is a recent issue. I had a similar issue with my desktop properties in the past where the desktop and screen saver tabs weren't there and I had to edit the registry to get them back. Sorry for my ignorance...

Well i do know that icons are stored locally on the PC you used to change them with. So that could very well be the issue. That you used a local PC to change the Icon and when you saved the profile it was assigned a generic one cause those icons are not stored on the network.

So you will have to find the PC you used to change the icons and store those icons on the network in order for you to be able to see the icons you want on all PC's. Also when changing them you will have to make sure to assign them to the network location.

That could be the issue. I have never had CCLeaner or Cleanup change my icons like that. Maybe get TweakUI Powertoy and rebuild your icon cache.

ah roaming profiles the bane of my existence lol.

i agree with mak, the icon images have to be in a place where your profile can access them all the time, not just locally....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom