Custom Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

blyver

Baseband Member
I'm trying to find a way to add some custom resolutions in Windows XP. My native resolution is 1680x1050 (I have a Samsung 216BW), and I'd like to add some lower resolutions that have the same aspect ratio (like 1280x800 or 1440x900). Unfortunately, 1680x1050 is the only 16x10 resolution available. 1680x1050 is fine for the desktop, but in games I'd like to have the option to go slightly lower in case I want a few more fps. Some games offer the lower resolutions regardless of what the desktop options are, but I was just playing the Bioshock demo and I noticed that when I play it in Vista the lower 16x10resolutions are available, but in XP 1680x1050 is my only option. At first I thought it might be a problem with the monitor driver, so I switched back to the windows plug and play driver. Didn't help. Also, I'm using the same driver in Vista, so that must not be the problem. I also tried using powerstrip, but the custom resolution option is greyed out. I'm using Samsung's driver for the monitor, and the latest nvidia beta drivers (163.44). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom