Currently on windows xp. Want to get dx10 and have vista 32bit key. Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Currently on windows xp. Want to get dx10 and have vista 32bit key. Is it worth i

You are absolutely correct Eric. There are things that are much better in XP. Audio is most definately one of them. That was a fail for M$ on that front. Just as you are right that some things are better in Vista than XP.

I dont dislike XP. I dont think i love Vista. I defend it yes. But i am not above saying that it has it short comings. Most of the time when i defend it is from those lame excuses like "Vista SUXORS" with no reason why.

I know Vista aint perfect. Never tried to claim it to be perfect. It is software and like all software it has its flaws.

I mean my response for someone who loves Vista to say stick with XP means something. Cause really there isnt a dire need to switch. While i cant say that i agree XP is the best, that is only cause i use Win7 which is very good itself. ;)

I gave the best explination that should be used. DX10 is not a good reason to switch. It just isnt worth it. Yeah it can make games look better. But at the same time read thru some topics in the PC gaming area about the performance issues while running DX10 games as well.

XP is great. Vista is good. As for the Best OS to date that is a personal feeling.

But i think you are right with what you said. XP should still be respected. It by far the best OS to come from Microsoft to date. That being said i think Win7 will be a good one as well. Possibly better. XP isnt bad. Vista isnt bad. It is a personal choice which OS to use. Some prefer Vista like myself. Some prefer XP like Eric.

WE used to have some really frustrating fights about it like Eric mentioned. Each with their points about each OS. But in the end we elarned to jsut respect each other's decision and for that we get along real good now.

In closing Vista isnt for everyone. People will find flaws in it compared to XP. Just as going back to XP from Vista you will find flaws in it as well. There are changes made that make each OS unique and each one good in its own right.

But to make a decision for a OS based on DX10 isnt really a good thing to do. DX10 isnt worth the update. It really, truly isnt. I have played some games in DX10 and DX9 like Gears of War. I didnt see any difference.

Re: Currently on windows xp. Want to get dx10 and have vista 32bit key. Is it worth i

You are absolutely correct Eric. There are things that are much better in XP. Audio is most definately one of them. That was a fail for M$ on that front. Just as you are right that some things are better in Vista than XP.

I dont dislike XP. I dont think i love Vista. I defend it yes. But i am not above saying that it has it short comings. Most of the time when i defend it is from those lame excuses like "Vista SUXORS" with no reason why.

I know Vista aint perfect. Never tried to claim it to be perfect. It is software and like all software it has its flaws.

I mean my response for someone who loves Vista to say stick with XP means something. Cause really there isnt a dire need to switch. While i cant say that i agree XP is the best, that is only cause i use Win7 which is very good itself. ;)

I gave the best explination that should be used. DX10 is not a good reason to switch. It just isnt worth it. Yeah it can make games look better. But at the same time read thru some topics in the PC gaming area about the performance issues while running DX10 games as well.

XP is great. Vista is good. As for the Best OS to date that is a personal feeling.

But i think you are right with what you said. XP should still be respected. It by far the best OS to come from Microsoft to date. That being said i think Win7 will be a good one as well. Possibly better. XP isnt bad. Vista isnt bad. It is a personal choice which OS to use. Some prefer Vista like myself. Some prefer XP like Eric.

WE used to have some really frustrating fights about it like Eric mentioned. Each with their points about each OS. But in the end we elarned to jsut respect each other's decision and for that we get along real good now.

In closing Vista isnt for everyone. People will find flaws in it compared to XP. Just as going back to XP from Vista you will find flaws in it as well. There are changes made that make each OS unique and each one good in its own right.

But to make a decision for a OS based on DX10 isnt really a good thing to do. DX10 isnt worth the update. It really, truly isnt. I have played some games in DX10 and DX9 like Gears of War. I didnt see any difference.

Well Said

Bravo, Where did you come up with this dude? Yeah i washed my eyes and i am very happy reading ur post. Awesome post for we xp lovers!!

Ah, the age old ?.. which is better this one or that one.. tomato, tomahto.

I hated XP when it came out.. it dogged my machine.. it killed it actually.

I was so mad I had to switch.. I was forced because 98SE was no longer being supported.
(they still have not revamped the old Dos Games Da*n it!)

but then once I got a machine that could handle it and I got used to it.. I loved it! and still do and now after having both XP and Vista dual boot for some years now, I have made the switch completly, I still use dual boot for trouble shooting issues, but instead of XP/Vista I now have it Vista x86 / Vista x64 and I love it.. so both OS's have good and bad points and then you have ppl that hate MS all together and use Mac or Linux. they swear by their fav OS of choice. what it boils down to is what works best for you.

whats funny is my sister just switched from 98SE to XP 1 month ago.. lol, my girl same thing 2 years ago. so really its what ever you're happier with.

and change is hard but imagine if we refused change..

Win 3.1 forever!! or 95.. IMHO a step forward is never bad unless it's WinMe, LOL.

and no matter how cool,innovative and awesome Win 7 will be, alot of ppl will hate it.. it's human nature.

what they should do is allow ppl to try the new OS for free for 6 months this would give ppl time to adjust and learn if that is what works for them and if not, allow you to go back to what you like best.

ever see the movie.. Monty Python's The Life Of Brian?

The Judaha's peoples front or the people's front of Judaha? who has the better OS? but I want to have babies.. and I want you to call me Lorreta..
but you dont have a womb! where is the fetus going to gestate? you going to keep it in a box?

Smile, Bill Gates Loves you!

:eek:

Its a question of choice.

Do you like your OS to tell you what to do, and fight with it to get your way? Yes or No?

Do you like your OS to use more than a gig of your memory? Yes or No?

Do you like loads and loads and loads of pointless eye candy? Yes or No?

Do you have more than 3 Gigs of Ram? Yes or No?

Do you like Good Audio or Great Audio? Good or Great?

Do you like to upload the same app 3 times to get it in the C:drive? Yes or No?

DO you like to have to min. what you are working on to get to Task Manager? Yes or No?

If you said Yes to any of these then Vista is your baby.

If you said no to all of these then you are an XP man.

Benchmarks do not Lie! Period enough said. XP wins everytime.
Like said in post before Almost is not equal or even better. Vista Fails

Where does Vista tell you what to do? UAC can be disabled. It also wont bother you that often. Wrong.....

Funny i have gotten XP to use almost 2GB of RAM before......Same as Vista

Gee XP can have that to. StyleXP, Widnowsblinds and all the other site for skins out there.

There is no app that is loaded 3 times in Vista.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/free-file-copy-software-195492/

There is a topic about something that Vista CAN do but XP CAN'T. Funny that?

It is a personal choice. Just because you dont like Vista doesnt mean that others will as well. Stop trying to force your opinion on others as fact. Benchmarks are not then end all of everything. I have not found a single task that i can not do in Vista that i could do in XP. By that i mean a software or other application being run. Not hitting 500 FPS in a game. That is not a task. That is a personal preference on how you wish to run a game.

Fact is there is only 1 true thing that XP does that Vista cant. Audio Engineering. Other than that i have yet to find a piece of software or a application or a task that cant be done in Vista that i could do in XP.

If you dont like Vista that is fine. But please stop trying to persuade others from going to it for your personal feelings. They are not you. They have the right to make their own choice.

Ummm what was the subject again? I lost interest in reading all of this...

You have a point. Question was answered.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom