Cruzer Mini 256mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Ive had my little memory card that stores all my little files forever and its worked fine. well i just reformated and put windows back on and.. when i put my mini into my USB it reads it fine but when i go to open the F disk which is the Mini card it says ready to format "Yes" or "no" i choose no cause i dont want to lose everything and when i do it does nothing it just keeps asking me to format it everytime and i cant get my files at all... what can i do? its always worked befor. :(

Try it in another computer to see if it will read it.

Do you have all the same service packs on the new install that you had on your old install?

Have you installed any sort of security program on the mini?

if all fails try repairing the file system on the flash drive, right click on the drive icon > properties > tools > error checking

MrCoffee said:
if all fails try repairing the file system on the flash drive, right click on the drive icon > properties > tools > error checking

Yes i did that. and i have everything installed i need to have. ive been up for hours and hours and hours figureing this out. i even reformated again and installed everything i need to have. and i know the USB's work because my mouse is USB and its working and so is my Webcam... but when i put in my Cruzer mini in the USB which has all my IMPORTANT files on it. its located as a F Disc under my computers which is labeled as removable disc and when i click on it. it sometimes says you need to format it and then sometimes it just says insert a disc into drive F... but Drive F isnt a drive its only for a mini or removable device. it just makes no since at all its really getting to me cause i need this stuff off this mini.. and there is nothing wrong with the mini i know.

are you sure it is the F drive. when you reinstall windows, sometimes drive letters get changed. Put your flash drive in and open up my computer take a screen shot and post it.

Agreeing with kfc. The messages it is giving you sound more like a CD-RW message than a removable drive message, to me.

Well, its the right drive because it says Removable drive F: and today when i click on it. it tells me i need to format it and it will say "yes or No" i click no and nothing happens.. i cant format it then ill lose alot of important files.. and only have one computer at the moment. but i know it works cause it did befor i reformated comp. heres a pic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom