[CRS] Content Rendition Services [documentum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

brady

S e c u r e d
Does anyone have any experience with CRS?

Our CRS server is directly attached to a Documentum server.
CRS converts Word docs into PDF format when uploaded to the Documentum server via a federal application wich we develop.

Service has been working fine for months and months. Just broke last week. No updates on the CRS, Nothing has changed in the CRS server environment. Not applicational issues preventing this service from being reached.... WTF, I hate documentum.

Has anyone used CRS at all?

I have never used CRS that I know of, but do know the woes of Documentum... I'll ask around and see if anyone in our team has used it. I too have a deep hatred for Documentum, as it stole years of my life from me...

I feel your pain.

Did some asking. There was a lot of cursing and angry looks, but after they realised I was only asking about something, they calmed down. Seems everyone hates Documentum... :)
anyway, no luck on the CRS stuff.

Is CRS a service or something? how does it link to Documentum? Does it use a password? Could it be locked out? I know it's simple, but it was something I overlooked a few days ago and was the failure of a lot of stuff... oops, right?

anyway, look for a really small change that might cause it. Start simple....

CRS is the Content Rendition Service that is linked to Documentum by using this "Service" to transform word docs to PDF format.

They upload a file to the Documentum server using our application, which accesses the CRS server, then kicks back the PDF through our application.

Seems as though our network hosts logged into the server with a Domain Account, instead of a local Admin account.

CRS is back up and running now. Thanks for trying Inaris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom