Creating your own Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
Hi everyone,

I was just curious of how could i get several FREE software such as Anti-Virus / Spyware / Adware / Malware into 1 cd and boot into that cd so i could do scans on my computer or others to help out? For example how GeekSquad or other tech shops have there own built in software to do scans for there customers. Im just tired going into safemode and installing the software and then updating them. Just want to create my own Diagnostic Utility Disc. Any help or advice is very apreciated! :)

Thanks,
Stevo808

What I got from your question is can you create your own diagnostic tools. Well to create something like what the bigger companies use you need to know a programming language. C++ is the most widely used for this sort of thing.

Thanks for the info guys, no i do not know any programming language. Im just an IT Tech for a small company, if there is any tutorials of how to create this i would be more then welcome to learn it.

Without knowing how to code it wont be possible. There will be no way for you to create the interface for which each application can be used to launch.

I have seen the Geek Squad disks out there. They really are not that great. The best thing to do is just use a USB Thumb Drive.

Hirens boot CD is good for what your asking, but if you reely need something for hardware diagnostics PC Check 6.

I don't think he wants to actually make the software...but rather just make a collaboration disc, is what it sounds like. Agreed that a USB drive would be the simplest, as you can re-write onto the drive to update the individual programs on it. This is what I do at work. I have a USB drive that I use specifically to keep programs on it for virus removal/diagnostics.

I understand what he wants. To create a bootable CD that he can just select the software he wants to use and bam it goes off.

But the thing is that 1. He would have to create the interface that allowed him to choose the software that would run. 2. Have to make sure that the software that is being used can be run by itself and outside a Windows enviroment.

Tools like Spybot wont do any good. They can not operate as a bootable software and work outside of Windows. Same with things like MBAM and that to remove viruses. They are all Windows dependent. So really the stuff he would use would all have to be stuff that is bootable itself and can be run from boot without Windows. Cause if not it wouldnt matter if he could create the program. Cause there would be no saying that the software would work.

BartPE will be the best bet. Hirens is good as well. But a custom made BartPE will be the best choice.

Mak213 understands where im getting at, i guess ill look more into BartPE and Hirens. Ill use Carnage idea also, never thought of that but if i had to work on several computers then i would need to install the software for each computer. Learning programming would be to much for this task. Well thanks for all the info guys i really apreciate the help as always from this forum.

Stevo808

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom