Creating Skins For Real Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaktree5489

Baseband Member
I'm making a skin for real player and am trying to work around the software. In the toolkit they did not add a button to open up your playlist. Now i'm not sure if this is possible but is there some way i can use the url button and enter in the file that the now playing list is stored? The problem is, is that i don't have a clue where it stores the now playing files. Does it? I'm not sure how it works but i thought it'd be a nice addition to my cusom skin for real player.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff

yeah i found that file and it has every song i've played in realplayer but i've found the now playing list in the C:\Documents and Settings\My user\Application Data\Real\RealPlayer file and there's a file called realplayer that's an unknown file but if u opened it w/ word pad u'll see all the locations of the songs in ur now plaing list plus a bunch of other crap. Every time u open real player it erases the file and every time u close real player the modified list is then re-saved into that file.

now that i've found it i don't know how to open it. To open it the way real player does (in the little widow, if u detach it) i prolly got to open it as an application instead of an application extension but i'm lost there. To take that data and decode it into the list will have to take the settings alredy in real player an then to get it all on a skin i've go to be able to open it w/ a url. U got any insight?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom