Creating an image of the C: (bootable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobomonkey

Beta member
Hi every1,

I want to create an image of my C: that contains the WIN XP professsional OS. All my applications and data are installed on a separate drive.

I want to copy all of C: in DVD so that when WIN XP goes corrupt i don't have to install the applications afresh after doing a format install.

I tried to create an image of C: using NERO but it said that some files are being used by OS and can't be copied to the DVD.

Is there a way to create a complete replica of C: and store it in DVD?

Also Since this will be pure replica of C: will it also be bootable?

How to use the Sysprep tool to automate successful deployment of Windows XP

INTRODUCTION
This step-by-step article describes how to use the System Preparation Tool (Sysprep) to automate the successful deployment of Microsoft Windows XP. Sysprep is a tool that is designed for system administrators, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and others who must automatically deploy the Windows XP operating system on multiple computers. After you perform the initial setup steps on a single computer, you can run the Sysprep tool to prepare the sample computer for cloning.

sysprep in my opinion is prob one of the worst ways to do a clone, just like who uses microsoft backup to back up there files, not many cuz they arent good.

get yourself a copy of symantec ghost or Acronis true image.

and yes it would be bootable, it would be a perfect copy and act just like your c drive now.

hi thaks for your comments, i tried Acronis and created backup of the C drive on DVD.
however Acrnis does not alow me to cloe th c drive on DVD.

What i want is a bootable replica/clone of C drive

if your saying you want to run your hard drive from a DVD, you cant. you can store the image on a DVD and then push it to a different hard drive, but if your saying you want a DVD to act like your hard drive you cant. if your asking that it wont let you burn the image right on to the dvd, you just use NERO or another burning software and store your back up image on DVD.

King X13 said:
sysprep in my opinion is prob one of the worst ways to do a clone, just like who uses microsoft backup to back up there files, not many cuz they arent good.

get yourself a copy of symantec ghost or Acronis true image.

and yes it would be bootable, it would be a perfect copy and act just like your c drive now.

You are confusing the two types of cloning going on here. Sysprep is a great program to use, especially using the unattended answer file to automate the process faster. He just wants an image of his c drive, not to deploy it on mulitple computers as what this tool is used for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom