Creating an Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
ok here is what i would like to do i format my computer about once every 3 months and it gets annoying re installing everything every time so i would like to create a 8 gb partition that has an image that i create and that is bootable whenever i want to format i just boot to that partition and it formats the c: and installs the image there. is this possible. i kno that when i got my XPS 400 from dell they had a similar set up but after i formated it i deleted the partition with the image on it and was wondering if i could create my own. thanx.

hmmmm... i do the same thing but i have a second hard drive that i keep drivers and stuff. i think the partition would stay there when formating but i donno how you would boot from it unless there was a boot disk or something.

Acronis True image is what you need. Reinstall XP, set up everything you need, programs, tweaks, updates, etc. Once finishd, install Acronis then create a new recovery parition and make it active. Then create an image to the recovery partition. When your system gets hoses again, just reboot, free F2 i think to start the acronis recovery manager, then it will mount the new image to your hdd. Alsoo make sure you get a another hdd to put your backups on becasue this will delete everything. thats it

ok one more thing when i to the reinstall of xp and format using the xp cd do i leave some unallocated space seprate from the drive with windows on it to hold the image or will acronis do it for me?

could you give me a step by step guide if that doesnt take to much of your time. i downloaded acronis true image home 9.0. also a small question on top of that, my f2 key is currently binded to my CMOS setup how do i change that?

I dont have it on my system right now. It might not be F2 but when you open the manage acronis secure zone you will see what to do.

im actually planning on testing it on my friends computer because he is constantly asking me to format almost every time i come over so this will save me and him a lot of time i will see how it goes but my computer has been running very smooth considering i havent formatted in more than 5 months but next time i do im defenetly going to do it. just thought i would find out how first. thanx warez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom